A Memorial Tree for commemorating deceased individuals is located on the wall just inside
the main KI entry door. This memorial tree gives KI members the opportunity to remember a
person they care about with a leaf on the tree. The Board has developed the following guidelines
for leaves on the tree.
- The purpose of the Memorial Tree is to remember deceased individuals who have a connection to a member of KI or to the KI community.
- Each leaf will contain up to four lines using a standardized font:
- The person's name.
- The date of birth (optional) and date of death using the Gregorian calendar.
- The person's date of death using the Hebrew calendar.
- The relationship of the deceased to a KI member or KI (for example, Loving Mother of John Doe; Founding Member of Kehillat Israel; Dear Friend of Jane Doe and John Smith; etc.).
- There will only be one leaf per deceased individual on the tree. We have other ways to
memorialize individuals when a large group of people want to be involved to honor a
deceased person (e.g., the Daniel Glickman Memorial Fund; purchasing a window and
dedicating a plaque for it; etc.)
- A donation to KI of $100 or more is requested for each leaf. There is an additional fee of $15 per leaf which covers the cost of engraving.
- A nicely decorated Memorial Book is located on a stand below the tree. A person
donating a leaf can choose to have information on one side of one page to share more
information about the deceased person (e.g., a copy of the obituary, a poem to the person or
by the person, a description of the person's life, etc.). for our community and visitors to
read. Each page is enclosed in a plastic sheet for protection. These pages will be
available to update should people be interested in adding content or acknowledgments at a
If you have any questions, please call B. Wiener.