KI, through the Tikkun Olam Committee, is now a member of Michigan Interfaith Power and Light (“MiIPL”). The organization is a coalition of congregations across Michigan whose mission is “to involve communities of faith as stewards of God’s creation by promoting and implementing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and related sustainable practices.” It is part of a national religious response to global warming that includes 17 other Interfaith Power & Light organizations across the United States.
As a member of MiIPL, all KI members are eligible for various discounts. To learn about these discounts, go to www.miipl.org.
Following is a summary of discounts from the MIIPL website.
- Discounts for Members: Save money while living more sustainably. Benefits are for all congregants belonging to a member house of worship. Save up to 25% on EnergyStar® appliances at ABC Warehouse. (Must follow instructions below!) Eligible EnergyStar® appliances include washers and dryers, refrigerators, window A/C units, TVs, office equipment, and more.
- Call Kathi Craft at 1-888-222-1929, ext. 327, or reach her assistant Vicki at ext. 303
- Introduce yourself as a Michigan IPL member
- Indicate which local store you intend to visit, and they will make sure that someone will be ready to help you with your purchase
- Save 8% on Michigan Green Safe Products. Michigan Green Safe makes recycled and compostable plates, cups, silverware and more. Simply introduce yourself as a Michigan IPL member when placing your order at 313-871-4000.
- Get discounts on locally-roasted fair trade coffee at Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company. Use the discount code “IPL10” for 10% off your purchase, including wholesale orders (5lb. bags).
- Save 10% on energy evaluations from Pure Eco. Contact Ryan at 1-866-270-2370 and identify yourself as a Michigan IPL member.
- Check out the “Resources” tab of our website for useful information: MichiganIPL.org/Resources