KI Responding to the Coronavirus


      We have been monitoring the Coronavirus situation like all of you, both as it pertains to our state and nation as a whole, and how faith-based institutions are making decisions about their activities. As KI is a values-based decision making organization, weighing the costs and benefits of meeting the needs of our community at this time has been difficult. Rabbi Zimmerman laid out many of the Jewish values involved for the Executive Committee of the Board as we were deliberating electronically over the past couple of days. We will be happy to share these thoughts at another time. But we want to keep this short for now.

      Services (minyan) for Saturday, March 14th at KI are canceled. We do this out of our sacred obligation of mutual responsibility for our members, and to the greater community to which we all belong. As of yesterday, Shaarey Zedek was planning to hold services tonight and tomorrow for those who want to attend there in place of KI. The KI Board will be meeting next week to discuss how we will proceed with services next week and beyond, as well as how we will handle other KI scheduled activities. And for those not involved with our religious school, Kivunim is moving to an online format starting this weekend for the foreseeable future.

     Please join us in following health and safety guidelines during this trying time including social distancing as much as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact either of us by phone or email.


Leon Puttler       Robin Willner

Co-President       Co-President

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *