In the Sanctuary
- Men are expected to wear kippot
- Men are expected to wear tallit when called for an aliyah
- Women are encouraged to wear tallit for an aliyah
- Writing is not permitted on Shabbat
- Photography is not permitted during religious services on Shabbat
- Sound recording is not permitted during religious services on Shabbat
In the Kitchen
- The kitchen is a kosher dairy kitchen
- Absolutely no meat products may be brought into the building for consumption in the Social Hall or classrooms. Fish is permitted.
- People bringing food into the kitchen are responsible for ensuring that the ingredients contain no animal products except butter, milk, or other dairy items.
- Any package marked with a Kashrut hechsher identifying the contents as “Pareve” or “Dairy” is acceptable.
- If no hechsher is present a careful examination of the label must be performed to ensure there is no non-dairy animal component in the product (e.g., chicken broth, lard, animal fat, etc.)
- More details may be found: Kiddush at KI.
In the Social Hall, classrooms, library, and offices
Writing is permitted on Shabbat in these locations for educational purposes. See Writing on Shabbat for details.